Friday, July 2, 2010

Video Posting

In my Ag Bio class this past year, we built a couple of hoop houses (twice over because of the high-mountain hurricane-force winds). These are a few of the "better" clips from that process. I might try to incorporate these into a screencast after cutting some of the videos down and then do some voice-over, but we'll see...I've spent too much time on the computer this morning and it finally stopped raining. (All right, I tried to upload it from my computer several times, but that wouldn't work, so I created a YouTube account and loaded it onto there and then embedded it. So much work!)
This video shows the kids raising the hoops and was captured using a Flip camera.


This video shows them with the assembled framing and setting up prior to sheeting with plastic. Also captured through a Flip camera.


Final video is of sheeting the hoop house. Video was captured with a Flip camera and edited using iMovie and then uploaded to YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love this idea! I am working on writing a grant to be able to put raised beds at our school, but this idea looks even better. Can you tell me about this project? Where did you get the hoop houses - or did you design them? How do you use them as part of your school day? I'm just looking for ideas, because I am kind of a wanna be gardener! My thought was that most of my students have never grown anything, so this would be a great experience.

    ReplyDelete