Friday, July 30, 2010

Summary

What changes do I see in my teaching that have arisen from this class? Lots...I hope. This class have given me the confidence (and practice) to try new things technologically. I feel capable of keeping up websites for my classes that will allow me to present content in new and more engaging ways. I feel that I can more easily assess my students' knowledge in a variety of manners, both formally and informally. I feel that I can have better communication with parents what we are learning, and better show them evidence of their student's learning. I also feel that I can link with other educators and students around the world to form collaborative learning groups. Some of the tools that I have enjoyed most have been Prezi, Google Sites, Wallwisher, and Diigo. All of these tools will find their way into my daily teaching in some form or another. I think what I have gained most is the knowledge to keep using these tools sustainably. I feel that so many of the tools I have learned and tried in the past, I never learned well enough, or thought out the use enough, to keep up. I strongly feel that I can sustain the tools that I have created, as long as I keep it simple to start and gradually add new tools. And that is where I am struggling. I will be keeping sites for two of my five preps, and would lreally like to create some for the other classes, but realize that as of now, it will not be sustainable...especially with the action research process. But, as comfort and efficiency continue to increase, then more can be added. Thank you all for your help and guidance through this course. I have enjoyed sharing blogs with you all and seeing the great tools that you have created and are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment