Sunday, July 25, 2010

Final Project

I think I finally played around with just about every key tool and found the ones I plan on using through the year and those that I still have bookmarked, but will probably not jump right into yet. For my final project I decided to create class websites using Google Sites. I created one for my Biology class and one for my Ag Bio class. Within each site I have linked to blogs I am using, wallwishers, Google Forms, have embedded videos, created a Google group for discussion, and a host of other tools. I've had a lot of fun with them, and it is getting easier and faster to use the more I play, helping to make it more feasible.

4 comments:

  1. Love the paperless class... I think this will work well with your HS students. Great how you've incorporated so many web 2.0 tools into the wiki. It really extends the walls of your classroom. I want to take your class so I can see how you weave it all together! I'm trying to figure out how to "teach" digital interaction skills. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure how the digital interaction skills will go. My thoughts currently are creating a rubric that sets a standard for participation and quality of post and then regularly assess the students. As far as the skills go, I think it will be more of a molding process as I see what they are capable of, and what the process really does have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the layout of both sites. I thought both were very clean and easy to navigate. I also loved the course description page on biology site (especially the comment about hot cheetos).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screencasting a tutorial for the wiki was a great idea. I found the wiki to be conducive to exploring and clear to understand!

    ReplyDelete