Sunday, June 27, 2010

Creative Commons + Glogster

I've been trying to play around with creative commons and glogster this morning and have decided that both can be super useful together. In the past I have had my beginning physics students try to draw pictures and use magazines to develop a poster/book that shows some of our key movement terms. This has always been somewhat tricky for them as, especially as a pre-assessment kind of activity. I'm thinking for this year that I will have the students search through creative commons for an image(s) that fit our key works as a pre-assessment. It seems that this will help them by giving them choices first and then by streamlining the process. Plus, what they don't finish in class they can easily finish at home now.

As I've been playing with this though, I am finding that not all images will upload into glogster. It seems to take most .jpg, but not all?!?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I thought creative commons and glogster can be very useful in classroom projects and also in preparing presentation to deliver to the class. Finding good images to use on glogster is one of the key steps if you don't have your own pictures to use.

    Some students are very creative and I think using these sites would be very interesting for them and that they would really get into the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same trouble with glogster not uploading pictures. Could it be a size issue? Anyone have any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete