Monday, June 14, 2010

Intro

Hi all! I am a high school science teacher at Roaring Fork High School in Carbondale, CO. I teach a variety of science courses: General Science, Beginning Physics and Chemistry, Beginning Earth Science and Biology, Advanced Biology, and Sustainable Agricultural Biology. I'm not too techno savvy yet and am really looking forward to discovering new ways to incorporate technology into my students' learning. I have had students use blogs in the past and we do a number of research projects and case studies in my upper level classes, so I feel that I have the Web 1.0 stuff down reasonably well. I do have a reluctance to jump right into the whole social networking thing and figured I could always avoid Facebook and Twitter. Well, I'm on Twitter now and am interested to see how this can help me. I look forward to sharing with all of you this summer on what kinds of tech we can find and use in our teaching.

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to working with you this summer too. If you already have used blogs, you are ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hadley-
    I was born in CO, Canon City, but have lived a variety of places since my childhood. Still love it though--lucky you! I also do case studies and I think there is great potential in using blogs and VoiceThread for this. How have you incorporated blogs with the case studies?

    ReplyDelete